Is toxic air endangering your family? Radon, mold, asbestos and other poisons are easy to test for and remove.
Clean air is an imperative factor in our health; toxic air such as that caused by radon and mold can undo all those health-conscious efforts we make to protect ourselves and our family.
We work out, eat organic produce and farm fed meat and dairy products, protect our children from dangerous toxins, and- in general- try to conduct a healthy lifestyle. Somehow, though, we often overlook the very air we are breathing in our homes, offices, schools, and other public domains.
Air pollution is the leading cause of environmental health issues; and, the air we breathe indoors can be up to ten times more lethal. Makes you want to hold your breath, doesn’t it?
In fact, as our outdoor air gets worse around the world, it becomes more difficult than ever to clean our indoor air by just opening a few windows. Did you know that each year, air pollution is the cause of roughly 7 million air toxin related deaths globally?
When we consider pollution, we typically think about cars, construction, agriculture, production factories, and waste; we almost never consider the pollutants that can be right inside our own homes, schools, offices, child care facilities, or public buildings.
Did you know that most people spend roughly 90% of their time indoors?
Indoor air quality can be corrupted by outdoor sources. Here are just a few sources of toxins that can degrade the freshness of the air we breathe:
- Household cleaners
- Nail polish remover
- Volatile organic compounds (VOC) that off-gas, which come from the fibers in carpets, mattresses, particle board, and other components of home furnishings. In fact, some materials from new furniture (or that new car) can off gas VOCs for up to five years!
Other things to worry about indoors are high humidity, which can cause dust mites, bacteria and mold, and an uptake in the off-gassing of formaldehyde.
Radon, too, is another silent and invisible threat to our health, and it is found everywhere as part of the air we breathe. A leading cause of lung cancer in non-smokers, radon is an invisible, odorless and tasteless radioactive gas that enters buildings through cracks, drains and other small openings in the foundation of homes and buildings; and, it kills nearly 60 people every single day in the United States. It’s not difficult, or expensive, to reduce radon to a level that is considered safe by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) ; you should have your Missouri home, school, or commercial building tested for radon right away, and call on an expert at The Radon Company to give you a quick estimate.
Make sure you optimize your ventilation systems, get rid of radon gas as best you can, and test your home for other contaminants that can cause asthma, allergies and other respiratory problems. Don’t let toxic air endanger your family, co-workers, or those in your care.